The 2020 HEIDENHAIN Trade Show:
Digital. Virtual. Near to the Customer.
So much is new at HEIDENHAIN. Come discover innovative solutions and products at our convenient virtual trade show. Get started here and now thanks to our innovative concept. We look forward to your visit!
Just a few of the highlights:
- Solutions and services for the Digital Shop Floor, the Digital Twin, and automation
- User-friendly functions for HEIDENHAIN milling and turning controls
- Encoders with added value for greater process reliability
- Intelligent drive system solutions from HEIDENHAIN and ETEL
Reliable processes for exact, dynamic, and efficient production
Reliable mastery of highly complex milling and turning processes creates a clear competitive advantage. Machine tools equipped with controls, encoders, and drive technology from HEIDENHAIN provide the ideal technological underpinnings for this mastery. At EMO 2019, we’ll be showing this to you in live demonstrations and presentations.
Grinding debut at EMO:
Achieve perfect finishes in a single setup
What if you could use your milling center with a TNC 640 to not only mill and turn, but also to grind?
With the new functions for jig grinding, you can machine your parts to exceptional surface quality in a single setup. Complete machining with milling, turning, and grinding on the same machine offers many benefits, particularly for quality-focused industries such as mold making and medical technology.
You can get to know the new grinding option at our live demonstration:
- Jig grind any contour on a milling machine
- Standardized operating design for all operations: milling, turning, and grinding
- Optimized tool management for each process: grinding and dressing
OCM debut at EMO:
The next generation in trochoidal milling
Discover nearly unlimited possibilities for trochoidal milling:
- Program any pocket or island from the control on the shop floor
- Considerably boost your machining speed
- Significantly reduce tool wear
- Create more chips in less time
With Optimized Contour Milling (OCM), you simply define the contours. The control then automatically calculates the best trochoidal strategy. You can leverage highly efficient trochoidal milling for a much wider range of parts and mill more productively with less tool wear.
Discover OCM live at our main booth. For our sample workpiece at the tradeshow, OCM lowers the machining time and tool wear by a factor of three compared with conventional milling strategies.
Keep an eye on your NC program and production jobs side by side
The new TNC 640 with a 24-inch widescreen and Extended Workspace Compact features a divided screen for two work areas, allowing you to display additional applications alongside the control screen. You benefit from a particularly user-friendly workstation that enables you to digitally organize your production jobs right on the control.
Intelligent control technology that makes things move with process reliability
At EMO, HEIDENHAIN will be unveiling its new Gen 3 drive. It is a perfectly harmonious, self-contained system based on particularly innovative and forward-looking technologies.
Machine manufacturers and users will benefit from its cutting-edge interface technology, improved performance specifications, and increased control capability. The Gen 3 drive technology thus ensures high availability and machining quality with short production times.
HEIDENHAIN Gen 3:
+ Maximum performance
+ Intelligent transmission technology
+ Powerful diagnostics
+ Convenient mounting and connectivity
Greater reliability with less cost and effort:
Intelligent data management in automated manufacturing
At the “mav industrie 4.0 area,” HEIDENHAIN will be partnering with OPS-Ingersoll and Haimer to provide live demonstrations of just how reliable, efficient, and flexible a digitally networked production environment can be. Along with job data, special focus will be placed on the exchange of tool data among the following production nodes:
- Eagle V5 milling center with a TNC 640 control and Batch Process Manager
- Tool presetter
- Shrink-fit device
- Tool cabinet
- Job planning
- Part programming
- Machining simulation
Discover intelligent data management:
The club for end users
At the TNC Club, CNC experts will find support and solution-oriented answers to any and all questions surrounding TNC controls from HEIDENHAIN, such as:
- Which new control functions do you need?
- How can we support you with apprentice-level and advanced vocational training?
As a member, you can help steer the club’s range of offerings. You also benefit from regional user training courses, course discounts, events, and workshops. Our tailored offerings will make you even more familiar with and well-versed in using your TNC control.
Innovative setup and measurement
- Reliable measurement processes
- Increased dimensional accuracy for finished parts
- Fast and easy probing processes
- In-process or pre-machining probing
Monitor spindles and feed axes
With the new component monitoring feature for the TNC controls, you can increase the process reliability, productivity, and service life of your machine. You also reduce the risk of unplanned machine downtime and the consequent costs.
This option protects against malfunctions, overloading, and wear thanks to careful monitoring:
- Permanent monitoring of spindle loads prevents limit values from being exceeded, thereby hindering damage to the spindle.
- The cyclic monitoring of feed axes provides information on ball-screw wear and pending failure.
An encoder solution for any rotary axis
For high-accuracy position measurement on machine tools, closed-loop control through linear encoders is already a well-known solution. At this EMO, we’ll be focusing on the importance of having the right angle encoder. HEIDENHAIN and AMO will be showcasing solutions for any rotary axis:
- Optical angle encoders of the type RCN 2001 now offer even greater system accuracy and a higher maximum rotational speed. Enhanced temperature monitoring capabilities improve process reliability.
- The new generation of modular, optical ERA angle encoders is now also equipped with the HEIDENHAIN HSP 1.0 signal-processing ASIC, which succeeds in nearly perfectly compensating for the variations in signal amplitude that arise from interference.
- The WMKA modular scale-tape solution from AMO, for particularly large diameters and safety-related applications, is now also available with EnDat and DRIVE-CLiQ interfaces.
The perfect combination for high-end rotary axes
With its TMB and TMK series torque motors, ETEL will be presenting high-torque systems for machine tools. Their are their strengths:
- Cogging-free design
- Optimum speed stability
- Exceptionally high control quality
In conjunction with HEIDENHAIN measurement technology, these systems are the perfect combination for high-end rotary axes thanks to their following advantages:
- Excellent dynamic accuracy
- High rotational speeds and torques
- Perfectly tuned diagnostics
Exciting machine-building careers at EMO 2019
Once again at EMO, students will be able to acquire first-hand information about the various career paths within the machine-building industry. In a small, self-designed process chain, apprentices from various companies, including HEIDENHAIN, will be demonstrating the production of a miniature race car.
Under competent guidance at 17 stations, students will have a chance to do the following:
- Gather information and components for the race car
- Experience how the parts are manufactured
- Assemble the entire car
When the day is over, participants will return home from EMO with more than a just a race car as a souvenir: they will have gained hands-on insight into the exciting work and responsibilities of the various career paths, and hopefully decide in favor of a machine-building apprenticeship.
HEIDENHAIN is a umati partner
Digital networking and the opportunities it provides for machine data acquisition, equipment monitoring, and process monitoring require universal, standardized interfaces. Monitoring solutions, such as the StateMonitor software, reach their full potential and are readily connectable only when standardized information can be exchanged between participants across systems. That’s why HEIDENHAIN supports the umati interface project from the VDW (German Machine Tool Builders’ Association).
Dr. Jan Braasch, Senior Executive Director of Marketing and Product Management at DR. JOHANNES HEIDENHAIN GmbH says, “As a manufacturer of controls and encoders, HEIDENHAIN welcomes the VDW initiative and supports the umati project. At EMO, we will give a live demonstration of how umati is used to connect machine tools to the StateMonitor software from HEIDENHAIN.”